Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies (JT), a leading international tobacco product manufacturer. JTI was formed in 1999 when Japan Tobacco Inc. acquired the non-US operations of tobacco company R.J. Reynolds.
The further acquisition of UK-based Gallaher in 2007 nearly doubled the size of JTI by adding 11,000 new employees. Today, the company has over 26,000 employees, and operations in 120 countries. Its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland. JTI is guided by a set of six ethical beliefs that apply to all of its activities:
1) Openness about the risks of smoking
2) Transparency about its products
3) Commitment to the development of reduced-risk products
4) Youth smoking prevention
5) Accommodation between smokers and non-smokers
6) Respect for local norms and cultures
In the UK, JTI has over 800 employees and brands including Benson & Hedges, Silk Cut, Camel, Hamlet and E-Lites. We are located in Weybridge, Surrey and have a national distribution centre in Crewe, and a business service centre in Manchester.